MileOn includes customizable settings that help ensure the app generates the best routes based on your vehicle type and routing preferences. You can also customize weather alerts and set the cost per mile used in reports.
Changing the Settings
To get to the Settings, tap the hamburger menu and then select Settings.
The Settings that can be edited include:
- Truck Routing Profile
- Routing Preferences
- International Borders Open: Switching this on (green) allows MileOn to generate domestic routes, that begin and end in the same country, that cross international borders. When turned off, MileOn will avoid border crossings, even if it results in a longer route. If a stop is located in another country, MileOn will route you there, regardless of this setting.
- Governor Speed
- Cost Per Mile: Used to calculate estimated costs for each trip.
- Weather Alerts (Premium only)
- Display HOS Prompt: When turned on (green), you will be prompted to enter your Hours of Service before a trip is generated.
- Display Safety Prompt
- Display CoPilot Prompt: When switched on (green), you will be prompted to launch CoPilot to navigate the route planned in MileOn. (CoPilot must be installed on the same device.)
- Units: Set distance units to U.S. Customary or Metric.
- Currency: Choose either U.S. or Canadian dollars.