(These instructions are for customers using Trimble MAPS Account Manager to manage their CoPilot or MileOn licenses.)
There are three ways to reset the password for a particular email or username used to log in to CoPilot Truck or MileOn:
Forgot Password Button
In the app itself, the user can tap Forgot your password. He or she will receive an email with instructions on how to reset the password. This method will only work if you provided an email address when the user was first added to the Account Manager.
Create a Temporary Password
Note: This option is only for users with a non-email Username. (Usually company vehicles or devices.)
The Account Manager administrator can create a temporary password and share it with the user. The user can then log in, and create a new password. In Account Manager:
- Click on the user's name, which will bring up the Asset Details screen.
- In the Edit User panel, click Set Password.
- Enter a New Password, confirm it and click Change Password.
Send a Password Reset Email
Alternatively, the Account Manager administrator can send a password reset email to the user. This method will only work if you provided an email address when the asset was first added to the Account Manager. In the Account Manager:
- Click on the user's name, which will bring up the Asset Details dialog.
- At the bottom of the dialog, click Send Reset Password Email.