Note: If you are using CoPilot through a telematics provider, your users cannot be added in the Account Manager. User information is pulled from your telematics solution.
The Account Manager makes it easy to assign licenses for CoPilot Truck with ActiveTraffic or MileOn to new users. A "user" could be:
- Equipment mounted in a vehicle
- A mobile device that may be used by different people at different times
- A driver with a company assigned device or a personal device
That user type—vehicle, mobile device, or driver—is selected at the time you purchase CoPilot or MileOn. Or, it is set automatically by the way you already identify your assets with the telematics solution to which you are adding CoPilot or MileOn.
In this article:
Adding Individual Users
- In the Users screen, click on the New User button.
- A dialog will pop up where you can enter information about the new user.
- Each user must have an ID. It is the only required field. This ID allows you to install and keep track of the apps that you assign. Depending on how you are assigning the apps (to vehicles, mobile devices, or drivers), the ID field may be called Email, Device ID, Vehicle ID, Inventory ID, Phone, Driver ID/Employee ID, or Vehicle ID.
- The rest of the user’s information is optional, and will most frequently be used when assigning apps directly to drivers.
- Note on Email Addresses: If you are assigning apps to drivers, you must include an email address if you want them to receive instructions via email on how to download and install the apps. If necessary, instructions on how to reset a lost password can also be sent to the driver using this email address.
- Under Assign Licenses, check a box to choose the license type—CoPilot Truck with ActiveTraffic, MileOn, or both—while viewing your remaining number of available licenses.
- Click Add User after you have entered all of the information.
- The user will appear in your Users list.
Importing Multiple Users
Instead of entering users one at a time in the Account Manager, you can import a list of users via a .csv file.
Step 1: Create a .csv file of users
- The file should contain the following columns: External ID, Email, First Name, Last Name and Phone Number. Only External ID (Email, Device ID, Vehicle ID, etc.) is required; the other fields are optional. (A sample .csv file is attached to this article. It can also be downloaded in the Import Users dialog.)
Step 2: Import users
- On the Users panel, click the Import button. The Import Users dialog will open.
- Drag and drop your .csv file into the dialog or choose Select File to locate it on your computer.
- The dialog will attempt to validate your .csv file, and you will receive an alert if you need to fix errors. Once validated, click Import to continue.
- The new users will appear in your Users list.
Step 3: Assign licenses to the users
- Once the users have been imported, select the users to whom you'd like to assign licenses by checking the box next to their names.
- After checking more than one user, buttons that allow you to Assign, Un-Assign, Invite or Delete multiple users at the same time will appear at the top of the Users panel.
- Click Assign and choose the application you would like to assign to those users on your company account.
- The Assign Users dialog will confirm these assignments. Click Assign to continue.
- Repeat if you would like to assign more than one application.
Inviting Users to Join Your Company
This step can be skipped if you are installing the apps on company devices using only Vehicle or Device IDs.
- In the Users panel, click on the Invite button in the row with the user's information. The user must have an email address entered into the account to send an invitation.
- The user will receive an e-mail notification with instructions on how to download the app and activate the license in a two-step process.
- Check the boxes next to the names of the users you'd like to invite to install the apps you assigned them.
- Click the Invite button.
- On the Invite Users screen, click Invite to continue.
- The users will receive an e-mail notification with instructions on how to download the app and activate the license in a two-step process.
Checking a User's License Status
Once a license has been assigned to a user, that user will have one of three values in its Status column: Unassigned, Assigned and Activated.
- Unassigned - the user has been entered into the Account Manager, but was not assigned an app license. (Step 5 above.)
- Assigned - the user has been assigned an app license, but hasn't activated it yet. (See instructions below for how to install and activate an app.)
- Activated - the user has installed and activated the app.