The User Access screen is where you will assign which people can access Account Manager and other web tools you selected at the time you purchased CoPilot.
Adding New Users
To add a new user:
- Select the New User button at the top, right-hand corner of the screen. The new user dialog loads.
- Enter an email address and first and last name for the new user.
- Check the box next to the web tools you want give the new user access to.
- Use the drop-down to select the level of access that user should have in that web tool. (See definitions below.)
- Select Add User to finish.
Two drop-downs can be set when creating a new Account Manager user, separated by their functional role. An Account Manager user must have at least one role in one of the drop-downs, but it is possible to have a role in both.
Left drop-down: This drop-down is for fleets that add assets and assign CoPilot or MileOn app licenses to those assets in Account Manager. If the new user should be able to add assets and assign licenses, select Company Administrator. Otherwise, leave this drop-down as Unassigned.
Right drop-down: This drop-down sets permissions for new users to Configure Fleet Settings (formerly FleetPortal settings) for CoPilot. There are four options:
- Unassigned: The new user cannot access fleet settings.
- Fleet Support: The new user can create and manage fleet settings, add Fleet Users and jump between different company accounts.
- Fleet Manager: The new user can create and manage fleet settings, and add Fleet Users.
- Fleet User: The new user can create and manage fleet settings.
ContentTools, MapSure, RouteReporter
For these three web tools, there are two levels:
- User - The level provides limited access, which varies with each web tool. In most cases, the User level is for admins who may be working with a certain part of a fleet, but do not need access to the entire fleet's settings.
- Company Administrator - This level provides full access, including the ability to assign additional Users and Company Administrators.
For more information about User and Company Admin roles, please see: