The CoPilot and MileOn apps are downloaded onto devices from Google Play or the Apple App Store. There are two common ways to install them:
- Invite a driver to join your company account
- Install and activate apps in company vehicles or devices
Invite a driver to join your company account
Follow these steps if you plan to have your drivers install the apps on their personal devices.
- When you first add a new driver with an email address, you will see an Invite button listed under the Invite column next to the user's information, and Assigned under Status.
- Click the Invite button to invite the user to install the apps you have assigned to him or her on your company account.
- The driver will receive an e-mail notification with instructions on how to download the app and activate the license in a two-step process.
- After signing in, the driver will be prompted to select maps and set a Vehicle Routing Profile to set up CoPilot for navigation.
- After you send the invitation, you will see a Re-Send button under the Invite column for that user in the Users panel. You can click that button to send a new invitation, if necessary.
- Once the user has installed the app and activated the license, you will see Activated listed under the Status column for that user.
Install and activate apps in company vehicles or devices
Follow these steps if you plan to have a technical professional install CoPilot on all of your company's devices.
- CoPilot GPS and MileOn can be downloaded directly from app stores. Or, if you included an email address when you added a user in the Account Manager, you can open that email on the device where you want to install the app, and it will take you through the download and installation process. (Same as instructions above for drivers.) For large fleets using Android devices, we also support side loading the CoPilot APK.
- Once the app is loaded on the device, the device needs to be authenticated to obtain the license. On an individual device you you will see a Welcome screen the first time you open it. Tap Join Company Account. Alternatively, large fleets can use URL launch through your mobile device management (MDM).
- On the Sign Up screen, in the Email or Username field, enter the Email or Username for this device that you entered in the Account Manager. Enter a Password and confirm it.
- Finally, enter the six-character Company ID, which you'll find at the top of the Account Manager screen. Tap Continue.
- After signing in, you will be prompted to select maps and set a Vehicle Routing Profile to set up CoPilot for navigation.
- Once the app has been installed on the device, the Status column in the Account Manager for that User will switch from Assigned to Activated.